Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Prelude to the "Drift"

Hi people!

It's really been quite a while since I've updated this blog. I guess I'd say that I have been really lazy lately! HAHA! Over the past few months, I really do have quite a bit of stuff that I wanted to write about. However, laziness never fails to overwhelm me. Instead, I have shared those stuff selectively with different people in my life. Some of those people are Pei Sian, Amelia, Vincent, Andrew, Dehuai, Michelle (just the gist), Yew Siong, Zi Hao, Jordan (recently), Eileen and Jocelyn. I didn't exactly shared all that was going on in my head to every single one of them. I shared different stuff to each one of them,

In order to actually share with you guys what has been going on over these past few months in my life, I have to first talk about where and what all those "current ongoing events" were rooted from.

As I have mentioned in my previous post, I have been feeling to disconnected to church, or rather, to be exact, the people in church. It all started when many of my cell group mates from original E21/DL52 started leaving one after another. It all started with Albert, followed by Joven, Keong, Doug, then Janson and even now, my two closest friend, Andrew and Dehuai. With the original E21 left with what seems to be a shell of its former self, adding on the fact that the zone has this ridiculous idea that people from similar educational institute and/or level should be grouped together, thus a new E21 was formed. It was then, Vincent, Jeremy, LinYu, Ryan, Wiseley, ChaiChen, Samuel and Zi Hao joined us. Zi Hao even became one of our cell group leaders, leading us alongside Yew Siong.

I was utterly overwhelmed by the drastic changes as all of these took place during the final month of my internship at Harbin, Out of the blue, during an afternoon in my lab, I noticed that I was added into a new chat group on Telegram. As I opened up the application and saw the name of the chat group, I did not know how to react or the kind of reaction to give. As I scrolled down through the list of names of the members in this new CG that I have just been added into, I realised that I was neither happy nor sad. In fact, I was simply experiencing a feeling of void.

27 September 2014, my 3-month long internship came to a close and I made my way back to my home sweet home, Singapore. As I picked up my luggage and strolled out of the "Arrival Hall", I was warmly welcomed by my family. Right behind them was none other than my new cell group, the newly formed E21. At that point of time, I only felt a sense of relief. It has been 3 whole months since I last saw my family and my friends. I totally disregarded the fact that the people who came to pick me up from the airport were mostly acquaintances that I hardly know of at that point of time (Jeremy, ZiHao, Linyu, Ryan, Wiseley, Chai Chen, Samuel and Vincent). However, I was still really touched by the fact that they all came down just to see me despite the fact that I have tried to convince them not to as they'll only be seeing me for a short 5-10 minutes since my family was there to pick me up. Not to mention that the next day was Saturday, and I'll see them at service then. All in all, I was really glad to see them, especially Yew Siong, Dehuai and Andrew. (Sorry Vincent, didn't include you in this list because we were still not that close back then haha!)

As I stepped into church for my first service in 3 months, many of the zone people came up to greet me and welcomed me back home. Shortly after, I settled down to my assigned seat. It was then, I felt a weird sensation that something wasn't right. At that moment, I realised that the people sitting around me were not people like Janson, Doug, Joven, Keong or Albert. If I recall, I was sitting in between Zi Hao and Ryan. It stroke me that things had changed so much, that everything is different from before I set out for Harbin, I felt a sense of alienation and unfamiliarity, perhaps because Zi Hao and the others were from the same CG initially and the only person I was familiar with in this new E21 back then was Yew Siong. (Dehuai and Andrew weren't around that day and I have never been close with Zhi Hao for some reason as well). I guessed this was where everything sparked off.

Well, I believe that summarises (Okay, I'll admit that whatever I have written is WAY TOO LONG to be called a summary HAHAHA!) how everything started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giving Thanks Reminds Us Of How Much We Have

I have left this blog to die a couple of years back. Little did I know that I'd decide to resurrect it, but here it is! I'M BACK! ...